Spotlight on Preparedness | Be Aware. Be Prepared.
- hazard awareness
- personal risk mitigation
- emergency response skills
The goal of Spotlight on Preparedness is to empower the campus community to be partners in public safety, creating a culture of preparedness that increases the safety and security of the entire campus population.
Campus Community Preparedness Training
- The Spotlight on Preparedness program offers at least one training session per semester for students, faculty, and staff of the Auraria Campus.
- The subject of each training session varies, but each focuses on preparing for a situation or hazard currently affecting our region or nation.
- Students, faculty, and staff are invited and encouraged to attend as many training sessions as they can during their affiliation with the Auraria Campus.
- The knowledge and skills gained from each training session gives attendees the ability to respond appropriately in a crisis situation, both on- and off-campus.
Upcoming Training Session
Civilian Trauma Training | April 13, 2017
When: Thursday, April 13, 2017, 5–7:30 p.m.
Cost: Free of charge for current Auraria Campus students, faculty, and staff
Trainer: Denver Health Emergency Medical Services
Pizza and soft drinks will be provided for all registered participants.
This 2.5-hour course teaches participants basic life-saving medical interventions:
■ Bleeding control with a tourniquet
■ Bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents
■ Opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
■ Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding
■ Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg
■ Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage
■ Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices
■ Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze)
- For Students
- Tivoli Student Union
- Early Learning Center
- Parking & Transportation Services
- Police Department
- Emergency Preparedness
- ID Station
- Building Hours
- Event Services
- Student Facilities Services
- Academic Services