Student Job Opportunities
Student Employment Opportunities
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you looking for a fun campus job in a creative environment? Would you like a flexible work schedule?
Apply for a part-time student position with the Auraria Early Learning Center.
How to Apply
- Visit the center to fill out an application in person.
- Download and fill out the application and disclosure form, then email both to Lisa.Fultz@ahec.edu or drop them off at the AELC.
Assistant Teachers support the Supervising Teacher in carrying out the entire classroom program by helping with the guidance of the children’s development, maintaining a positive classroom environment, and guiding children’s behavior in a positive manner.
- Assist in the planning and organizing of classroom activities as assigned by the Supervising Teacher.
- Participate in the classroom teaching team by working cooperatively with all team members and communicating with all team members.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate records as assigned by the Supervising Teacher.
- Work with parents under the direction of the Supervising Teacher.
- Acts as Supervising Teacher in the absence of the Supervising Teacher.
- Available to work 2-6pm.
- Must be ECT or AECT certified.
- Must be Assistant Early Childhood Teacher Certified. (Review qualifications on the Colorado Department of Human Services website.)
- Must be a student enrolled in 6 credit hours of coursework.
Teacher Aides assist with the overall operation of the classrooms at AELC, supporting the Assistant and Supervising Teachers with instructional activities.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with children and adults
- Physically able to do light housekeeping tasks efficiently
- Willingness to work within the philosophy of the program
- Must be enrolled in 6 credit hours of coursework
- 200 hours minimum prior experience with children in a group care setting and one post-high school course in child development preferred, but not required
- For Students
- Tivoli Student Union
- Early Learning Center
- Parking & Transportation Services
- Police Department
- Emergency Preparedness
- ID Station
- Building Hours
- Event Services
- Student Facilities Services
- Academic Services