Early Learning Center
The Auraria Early Learning Center (AELC), a 4-star Colorado Shines-rated center, provides full- and part-time programs for children 12-months to 5-years-old with a fully accredited kindergarten program and summer camp for children through age 8. The center serves the students, faculty, and staff of the Auraria Campus. On a space-available basis, the center also serves the Denver community. All of the center's programs are fully licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services.
January 23: Kindergarten Open House
January 23, 2018 | 5–6:30 p.m.
Prepare your child for success in elementary school and beyond at the Auraria Early Learning Center! Join us on Tuesday, January 23rd to learn about our kindergarten program. More info: www.ahec.edu/kindergarten.
What will you discover at the AELC?
- Highly qualified teachers, educational specialists, and support staff who are experts in the field of early childhood education.
- Full- and part-time programs with healthy meals and snacks included.
- Located conveniently on the Auraria Campus in LoDo.
- Individualized teaching with an emphasis on cultivating children’s sense of wonder and discovery.
- Small classroom setting with a low child-to-teacher ratio.
- Balanced, high-quality curriculum that introduces foundational subjects, including reading & literacy, math, science, and social studies.
- A program that supports and extends social-emotional development with opportunities for self-expression through language, art, and dramatic play.
Learn more about our fun, supportive, and engaging environment. Call us to schedule a tour: 303-556-3188.
Hours & Schedule
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.–6 p.m.
Closed on major holidays and for three in-service days/year (dates vary)
Closed during Winter Break (December 24–January 1)
- For Campus Faculty & Staff
- Parking & Transportation Services
- Parking Citations (Payments & Appeals)
- Parking Options
- Transportation Services
- Passenger Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Public Transit (RTD) and Alternative Transportation
- Parking for Sporting Events, Concerts, & Denver Community Events
- Parking Validation Request
- Parking Rules & Regulations
- Student Job Opportunities
- Contact Us
- Police Department
- Academic Services
- Emergency Preparedness
- Early Learning Center
- ID Station
- Distribution Services (Mail)
- Procurement Services
- Facilities Services
- Event Services
- Telecommunications Services