Smoking Zones on the Auraria Campus
The Auraria Campus has designated smoking areas to conserve our commitment to providing a healthy environment for students, faculty, and staff.
- Access the full Auraria Campus Smoking Policy »
Smoking Area Map
View the Smoking Area Map »
- The smoking policy considers the use of e-cigarettes and electronic vaping devices the same as cigarettes, and therefore these devices are only permitted in the designated smoking areas.
- The smoking area policy does not apply to public rights-of-way (sidewalks, streets) on the perimeter of campus.
- The policy reiterates that the display, consumption, and/or use of marijuana or marijuana concentrate in any indoor or outdoor area on the Auraria Campus is prohibited.
- Enforcement of the policy will be through education and community outreach. Violations of the policy will be reported to the appropriate agency or institutional office:
- Students will be referred to the appropriate student conduct office.
- Employees will be referred to their supervisor, appointing authority, and/or human resources office.
- Contractors will be referred to their respective employers.
- Visitors will be asked to leave the campus if they fail to conform to the policy when advised.
Smoking Cessation Resources
- CCD Office of Student Life: Support of personal wellness.
- CU Denver Counseling Center: One-on-one support from a counselor.
- Health Center at Auraria: Schedule a tobacco cessation appointment with a coach or find healthy programs on campus to help you deal with stress.
- MSU Denver Counseling: One-on-one support from a counselor.
- American Cancer Society: Guide to quitting smoking with support for becoming and staying a non-smoker.
- Become an Ex: Free online program with three easy steps to quit smoking.
- Colorado Quit Line: Free tobacco cessation sessions, nicotine patches, and gum available for Colorado residents.
- Freedom from Smoking: American Lung Association offers this inexpensive step-by-step online program to quit smoking.
- QuitNet: Join this free online community so you don't have to do it alone.
- SmokeFree: Develop a Quit Plan with this online tool.
- About Auraria Campus
- Auraria Board of Directors
- AHEC Leadership
- Annual Report
- Campus Newsletter
- Campus Policies
- Employment Opportunities
- Contact Us