Student Advisory Committee to the Auraria Board
The Student Advisory Committee to the Auraria Board (SACAB) is comprised of student representatives elected from all three institutions, including the Community College of Denver (CCD), Metropolitan State College of Denver (Metro State), and the University of Colorado Denver Downtown Campus (UC Denver).
RTD Press Release (Word Doc)
The Student Advisory Committee to the Auraria Board endeavors to support a quality educational experience by:
- providing balanced representation of all campus individuals and their constituent academic institutions,
- planning for the present and future campus environment,
- maintaining and enhancing equitable campus-wide practices,
- committing to open communication and mutual cooperation among all parties involved with the Auraria Campus.
Meetings are held Fridays at 10:00-11:00 am weekly in the Tivoli Student Union, Suite 329 (Senate Chambers), and are open to the student public. Meetings times will change to 2:00-3:00pm starting Friday, August 23, 2013. The SACAB office is also located in the Tivoli Student Union, in Suite 314. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to stop by the SACAB office or give us a call at 303-556-4589.
SACAB subcommittees guide the development and direction of many integral student services throughout the campus. Subcommittees represent the opinions and interests of the students, faculty, administration and staff of CCD, Metro State, UC Denver and AHEC. Some SACAB subcommittees include:
- Sustainable Campus Program Committee
- Food Service Advisory Committee
- Auraria Early Learning Center Advisory Board
- Tivoli Planning Committee
- Bookstore Advisory Committee
General areas of responsibility for each subcommittee include the review and recommendation for approval of:
- policies and/or guidelines;
- design, construction and maintenance of the facilities;
- special financial requests; and
- fee structures and related charges.
SACAB also establishes and appoints ad-hoc subcommittees as needed.
We value your input.
Your comments, suggestions, and/or
questions are always welcome.
SACAB Tivoli Student Union, Suite 314
(Campus Box TIV-1)
900 Auraria Parkway
Denver, CO 80204
Mon-Fri By Appointment